Dangers of Mercury Poisoning

This is an excerpt from an e-mail Jolene Dusseau sent me Feb 15, 2011.  She had much more to say about the dangers of Mercury Poisoning when I spoke to by phone, but this is the gist of it.  Please research,  and use extreme care, when using this substance.


“Back at you for the Valentine.  Good talking with you last night but sorry about the news about Buck.  Tell him to keep up the good attitude.

Then the news about Doug wasn’t good either.  It is VERY important that everyone understands how bad this problem is, and can become, as it is in his cells, bones, tissues, organs, and brain.  A word of warning: the VA doctors don’t and won’t recognize it as a problem.  He (Doug) had been going there for 3-4 years and they were trying everything but the right thing.  They were treating him for Parkinson’s and Dementia.  The Heavy Metal Hair Test proved it to be mercury toxins due to environment  and possibly self-inflected.  Please be very careful when handling that stuff.

Do you remember playing with it as a kid and thought it was fun?

Thanks for the info.

Bye for now.  Give our best to everyone at the next meeting.  Keep the Newsletter coming as he enjoys reading them.

Doug and Jolene”


Jolene stressed the warning about the terrible side-effects this poisoning can bring.   She said Doug has tremors, mini seizures, lethargy, memory loss, hyperventilation with blinding eye and head pain.  The chelating process it long and uncomfortable.

So when using mercury to reclaim gold, always do so with open ventilation, and wear gloves.  Question where the fish you eat came from; Doug eats approx. 2.5 – 3.0 pounds of fish a week.

Jolene doesn’t want anyone else to suffer what Doug, and she by extension, have had to endure.  Try something else and use merc as a last resort.  And think about others in your home or community who may become poisoned by your use of this substance.

Thank you, Kathe